Frequently Asked Questions
Full Refund: Cancel 30 days or more before your reservation to receive a full refund, minus a $25 fee.
- 50% Refund: Cancel up to 7 days before check-in and receive a 50% refund.
- No Refund: No refunds within 7 days of check-in, but you may reschedule.
- Rescheduling: We'll happily move your reservation to a future date up to (2) times! New dates may have different costs; you'll be informed of any price difference.
- Immediate Non-Refund: Bookings made within 7 days of check-in are non-refundable. You may still reschedule😊
Unfortunately, pets are not allowed.
We totally get it – they are part of the family! While we're big-time animal lovers as well, the National Park has a strict no-pet policy. We've noticed that this often means they have to be left behind while owners are out enjoying the park. So they end up having a less-than-fun day cooped up alone, which can lead to damages and big messes to clean up on our end.
Violation of the pet policy is a $100 charge, per pet, per night plus damages. Thank you for your understanding.
Check in is 3pm. Check out is 10am. Every property here is self check-in. We ask that you be mindful of the times so our housekeeping team can have the appropriate amount of time to sanitize every space.
Yes, fires are allowed (even when the county is under a burn ban). Each property has it’s own fire pit, however we do not provide firewood. Firewood can be purchased at the Lajitas general store, Cottonwood general store, and the Study-Butte gas station.
Yes, every property has Wi-Fi! We are in a very remote part of the world and outages are a real thing, however, we do our best to keep you connected!
- Reservation Payment: The full reservation amount is due upon booking.
- Smoke-Free Environment: Please maintain a smoke-free environment inside all our properties. Violations will incur a $150 fee.
- Pet Policy: While we love pets, they're not permitted on the property. If this policy is violated, there's a fee of $100 per night, per pet.
- Forgotten Items: Left something behind? We can mail it to you with an additional $25 fee on top of shipping costs.
- Timely Checkouts: To prepare spaces for our next guests, please adhere to our 10am checkout time.
- Liability: While we aim for safety, we aren't responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged personal items on our premises.
- Nature's Discomforts: We're situated amidst nature's beauty, so we don't offer refunds for natural discomforts.
- Mobility: To preserve the natural landscape, some accommodations may require a walk of 20 yards or more, potentially on an incline or with stairs; if mobility is a concern, please reach out so we can best accommodate your needs
We are available from 9am-6pm 365 days a year. If you reach out to us after 6pm, we will respond to you the following morning.
No. 4-wheel drive or AWD is always recommended out here but 2-wheel drive is just fine. Sports cars are not recommended.
Our properties sit on over 1,000 acres of private, raw desert land. We invite you to explore our grounds as much as you’d like! Take a hike (or a drive) up to the Summit for epic, 360-degree views of both the National and State Parks!
The entrance to the park is 17 miles from our property.
Midland/Odessa airport is the closest airport for people to fly into. It is about a 3 ½-4 hour drive from there to our property.
All kinds of planes fly into Lajitas. Anyone can fly their own plane into the Lajitas airport with 24 hour notice to the airport FBO. (Pilots will know how to get in contact). JSX is a company that offers charters from Houston Hobby, Austin, and Dallas. They run seasonally.
This is the middle of the Chihuahuan Desert which means you might experience power outages (this includes WiFi) along with everyone else in the area. Although inconvenient, they typically do not last for more than a few hours.
Be mindful of your surroundings. It is probable that you will see a lot of wildlife out here. Please keep in mind that we are visitors in their backyard, not the other way around. We do our absolute best to provide you with a wonderful, comfortable experience. We do not provide cancellations or refunds for the discomforts of nature.